Family Studies (B.S.)
Degree: Bachelor of Science
Major: Family Studies
Total Hours: 120
Dr. Kimberly Wallet, (409) 880-8970, 124 Nutrition, Hospitality and Human Services Bldg, email@example.com
Program Educational Objectives
- Recognize the elements of healthy relationships and functioning through family research findings.
- Reduce family crises before they occur through awareness and prevention methods.
- Use an informed approach to help individuals, couples and families identify and build on their strengths.
- Strengthen communities by empowering individuals, couples and families to enrich their own well-being.
Program Student Outcomes
Upon program completion, graduates will be able to:
- Demonstrate proficiency in oral communication.
- Demonstrate a high level of cognitive and written proficiency in the identification and application of course content dealing with family-related issues through projects and assignments.
- Demonstrate mastery in their knowledge of theories related to Family Studies, and in their ability to make real-world applications of those theories.
The Bachelor of Science in Family Studies is designed to meet the expanding higher education needs for those interested in the broad human services field, with particular focus on providing a strong foundation for students interested in careers in Marriage and Family Therapy, Family Wellness, Family Intervention, as well as Individual and Family Services thus creating a bridge between formal education and professional practice. Keeping with the mission of Lamar University, the program aims to enhance knowledge and skills of Family Studies and other social service professionals, helping them succeed in their aim of lifelong learning in a multicultural world.