Degree: Bachelor of Arts
Total Hours: 120
The degree of Bachelor of Arts in History will be awarded upon the completion of the following requirements:
- General Requirements: See Core Curriculum posted in degree plans. In addition, students must complete an additional 9 semester hours of the same foreign language, a 2000-level literature course, COMM 1315 Public Speaking I, and an elective from the approved list.
- HIST 1301 U S History I 1763-1877, HIST 1302 U S History II Since 1877 - six semester hours;
- HIST 2321 World History I, HIST 2322 World History II — six semester hours;
- HIST 3390 History Research — three semester hours;
- Advanced US History — six semester hours;
- Advanced World History — six semester hours;
- Advanced US/World History - three semester hours;
- HIST 4391 Capstone
- Minor: An approved minor of at least eighteen semester hours. Twelve hours must be at the 3000/4000 level.
- Electives: Sufficient approved electives to complete a total of 120 semester hours.
- No grade below "C" in ENGL 1301 Composition I/ENGL 1302 Composition II, HIST 1301 U S History I 1763-1877/HIST 1302 U S History II Since 1877 and History major requirements.