Nursing/Master of Business Administration (MSN/MBA)
Degree: Master of Business Administration and Master of Science
Major: Business Administration and Nursing
This dual degree provides the nurse executive with leadership skills for complex healthcare organizations. Advanced knowledge from nursing administration, business, finance, and the managerial arena prepares a well-rounded nurse leader.
Students should reference the Graduate Nursing Studies Student Handbook for additional policies.
Applications are made through ApplyTexas. Nurses seeking admission to the MSN program at Lamar University, JoAnn Gay Dishman School of Nursing must meet the following requirements:
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing Degree from a nationally accredited undergraduate program (Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN) or Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE)).
- Current, unencumbered licensure as a Registered Nurse (must be maintained throughout the duration of the program without lapse).
- GPA of 3.0 or higher for the last 60 hours of college course work. This includes any graduate hours that may have been acquired.
- College statistics course with a grade of “C” or better. Conditional admission without a statistics course is allowed, but statistics must be completed PRIOR to enrollment in MSNC 5311 Nursing Research. Students are strongly recommended to repeat college statistics if more than five years have elapsed since the course was taken.
- Clear criminal background check
The Admission Process is as follows:
- The student should follow the instructions for ApplyTexas, selecting the correct degree code and the semester in which the student wants to enroll.
- Send official transcripts to the:
Admissions office at Lamar University Admissions Office
P.O. Box 10009
Beaumont, Texas, 77710
- Only after all transcripts have been received, advisors will determine the student's admission status, whether and what courses will transfer, and will send an email as to the student's admission acceptance.
- An advisor will contact the student to arrange a mandatory advising appointment, discuss a plan of study, and mail an official letter of acceptance to the student. The student must schedule a meeting with the College of Business M.B.A. Program.
- Following the mandatory advisement, the students will be responsible for enrolling in the specified courses for their accepted term by using their Self-Service Banner accounts