Graphic Design (BFA)
Degree: Bachelor of Fine Arts
Major: Graphic Design
Total Hours: 120
The Bachelor of Fine Arts in Graphic Design requires 42 credit hours of academic foundations and 78 credit hours of the professional program including studio elective courses. All students must satisfy provisions of the Texas Success Initiative program, see section 6.1.22 in this catalog. Developmental courses do not count in the GPA (except for determining full-time status and issues related to probation and suspension) and do not count toward graduation.
- All students entering a degree program in graphic design must be counseled by the art department chair regarding study options available.
- Departmental advising is mandatory for all art majors, and each art student will be assigned a faculty advisor.
- Art majors are required to follow the prescribed sequence of courses.
- The letter grade "C" will be the minimum prerequisite grade for the successful completion of all required courses in the major and for continuing studio courses in sequence.
- Art majors are required to meet formally with the department chairperson two semesters prior to anticipated graduation for the purpose of degree audit.