Public Health (B.S.) Concentration in Healthcare Administration
Degree: Bachelor of Science
Major: Public Health in Healthcare Administration
Total Hours: 120
Israel Msengi, (409) 880-8716, firstname.lastname@example.org, HHPA 211
Bachelor of Science in Public Health in Healthcare Administration – 120 hrs
Entrance Requirements for all Undergraduate Majors
- Entering freshmen who meet Lamar University’s general entrance requirements may be admitted to the Department of Health and Kinesiology.
- Transfer students who wish to enter the Public Health in Healthcare Administration (PHHA) program must have a minimum 2.0 GPA on all work attempted.
The Bachelor of Science in Public Health with a concentration in Healthcare Administration prepares students for careers in public health and administration of daily business operations of healthcare facilities operating as private business or non-profit healthcare facilities. A minimum of 2.0 GPA is required for admission to the PHHA degree program. A student must have completed the General Education Requirements, including English, Mathematics, Biology (C or better), Political Science, Philosophy and History, prior to enrolling in the 3000- and 4000-level health professional courses. A grade of “C” or better must be earned in each of the Healthcare Administration professional courses. There are prerequisites for some 3000- and 4000-level Healthcare Administration professional courses. Successful completion of the Healthcare Administration Capstone (HLTH 4660 Health Capstone) is required to graduate.
- The required block of general education core courses - 42 semester hours, and,
- The required block of professional theory courses (HLTH) and electives - 57 semester hours, and,
- The required block of Business courses – 21hr-minor.